What is Iridology and how does it work?
Iridology is the science of the iris, or colored portion, of the eye. The iris contains bundles of thousands of nerve fibers and is a reflection of the entire body. The iris is connected to every organ and tissue of the body by way of the brain and central nervous system through the optic nerve. The optic nerve connects to the central nervous system (CNS) which is the main communication link to everything that goes on in the body. Think of your brain as your body’s ‘hard drive;’ it remembers everything that ever happened to your body. Your iris is then like the ‘file folder.’ So ‘reading’ the iris to find out what is going on in the body is similar to how one reads a computer screen to access what’s in a computer.
How did Iridology come about?
Assessing health through studying the eyes is thought to date back at least as far as ancient Greece, Egypt and China. In modern times, Iridology came into practice in the mid 1800’s out of Budapest, Hungary from a physician known as Ignatz Von Peczely. As a boy, Peczely was said to have observed how the iris of an owl changed, first when it suffered a broken leg and then as it got better. He went on to make observations of the human iris, often being able to predict someone’s impending illness. After qualifying as a doctor and making many clinical observations, he published the first early charts of the iris. Dr. Henry Lane, an Austrian medical doctor, brought Iridology over to the U.S. in the late 1800’s. Iridology became internationally accepted in 1952 through the work of Dr. Bernard Jensen, an American Iridologist who was considered to be the leading authority on Iridology in the world during his lifetime (1908-2001).
What is an Iridology Analysis?
The main reading during an Iridology Analysis is done in the iris, or irides (plural). Additional information can also be obtained from the sclera, or white portion of the eye. We look at photos of both eyes (sometimes using a magnifying lens), first identifying the student’s general body constitution as well as their inherent strengths and weaknesses. It is important to know this information in order to have a better understanding of the body as a whole. In Iridology, we have 3 main constitutions – lymphatic, biliary and hematogenic. Just knowing this alone tells us a lot about one’s general characteristics for health. From there we go on to assess any more specific or unique characteristics to their eyes, and we usually ask some questions to help determine why or what the markings represent. For instance, if someone has a certain type of marking in the area representing the left leg in the iris, we may ask if they ever had an injury in that leg. If they have stress rings in the iris, we will ask if they are under more stress than normal or if they have suffered from any recent emotional trauma. We try to get an understanding of where the body is at overall, taking into account that everything that happens in one area of the body affects every other area of the body. Through the reading, we give the student a good, clear understanding of where their body is at in terms of strengths, weakness, imbalance and any areas of toxicity or inflammation. From there we make recommendations for improvement based on our knowledge and experience of living natural, whole and pure, using foods from the earth to correct any deficiencies and making overall diet and lifestyle recommendations if the student is looking to make positive change to their health. We say this because ultimately, the responsibility to seek good health lies within oneself.
The iris is like a fingerprint. Color, pigmentations, structure and other characteristics of the iris provide information about an individual’s health and well being. After the analysis, the student is empowered with an understanding of their body and health and is equipped with valuable and realistic recommendations for making improvement. Proclaimed throughout the ages as ‘windows of the soul,’ the eyes are now acknowledged as mirrors of the body and likened to miniature television screens recording the condition of various organs and tissues throughout the body. Iridology can be viewed as a ‘discovery tool,’ helping to identify areas of imbalance in the body. Iridology is the science of the iris, or colored portion, of the eye. It is important to note that Iridology cannot diagnose disease. Do not expect an Iridologist to confirm or deny any diseases you think you may have, but do expect to have a thorough understanding of how your body works and why you may not be experiencing the level of health which you desire. In looking into the eyes, we can view all body systems and organs at once, including circulatory, gastro-intestinal, glandular, skeletal, neurological, muscular and uro-genital systems. This assessment completely supports other natural healing modalities because it is holistic by definition.
The main points that are covered during an Iridology Analysis are:
- Identification of inherent predispositions. No one is born with a clear slate in the eye; we are all born with different natural strengths and weaknesses. The interesting thing about the body is that it will always manifest illness in it’s weakest areas first. This will usually start to happen when a person becomes stressed, out of balance, toxic or deficient. By gaining knowledge and insight regarding your own inherent weaknesses, you can learn to listen to your body, understand better when you becoming out of alignment, and help to work with your body to stay healthy and strong.
- Accumulation of any trauma experienced during a lifetime. The brain remembers everything that has ever happened to your body. It is like the hard drive of the body, and the irides are like the file folders. But there is no ‘delete’! In the eyes, we can see if there has been trauma to an area of the body through injury or impact, especially if the injury is still causing pain or imbalance in the body.
Current conditions, i.e. exactly where your body is experiencing inflammation or an abnormal condition, sometimes even without acute awareness on your part. Some of the most common current conditions identified in the eye are bowel function, kidney function, circulation, brain function, stress if it is affecting the physical body, mineral deficiencies, immune function and toxic accumulation. In Iridology, we are always looking at the body as a whole, taking into account that a problem with one organ in the body will affect every other organ in the body. In looking in the eye, we can view all body systems and organs at once, including circulatory, gastro-intestinal, glandular, skeletal, neurological, muscular and uro-genital systems. This assessment completely supports other natural healing modalities because it is holistic by definition.
During an Iridology Analysis, we make personalized recommendations for improvement, taking into account your current diet and lifestyle and whatever other factors may be presently involved in your condition. After the reading, you will have a better understand of your body and health and feel empowered and motivated to begin making positive change. Although we are advocates of raw foods in the diet, we do not push anyone to go down that road themselves. Don’t worry about us trying to change everything you are currently doing, but do expect some realistic recommendations for improvement based on where you are at and where you would like to go with your health. Of course, we take into account our students’ busy lifestyle and schedules and make a conscious effort to offer suggestions that are realistic, practical and attainable. We usually give a student 6 months to one year’s worth of work. After 6 months, if they have corrected the main points out of balance and are looking to achieve an even better state of health, we can go deeper into the next reading and make more recommendations from there. The body does not get out of balance overnight, and it won’t jump back immediately either, but if we guide and assist the body through good nutrition and a balanced lifestyle, it can heal itself.
*Lasik surgery, other eye surgeries or actual vision problems will not affect the information revealed during an Iridology Analysis.
Who Is Iridology Good For?
Iridology is a tool to assess where inherent strengths and deficiencies are located within the body; however, it does not give solutions as such. It is important to note that Iridology cannot diagnose disease. Do not expect an Iridologist to confirm or deny any diseases you think you may have, but do expect to have a thorough understanding of how your body works and why you may not be experiencing the level of health which you desire. In that regard, Iridology is good for everyone because having a better understanding of your body is key to making the right decisions for a healthy lifestyle. Ultimately the goal is to prevent any major illness or dis-ease in the body and have longevity and vitality for a good, healthy life. Iridology is also particularly good for anyone who has struggled with their health for sometime and perhaps has been led down different paths with various treatments, not really ever having a clear understanding of how their body actually works.
An Iridology consultation would make a lot of sense for some people, but not for everyone. Here are five scenarios where you could profit from this investment:
- You don’t have timeto figure out what nutrients/foods your body needs, how to tweak your diet to increase energy, what detox to do (if any) and in what order, and what supplements or herbs you should take and which ones you should avoid. You would rather cut to the chase and get busy seeing results.
- You’ve been reading blogs and articles, and every time you think you’ve figured out the best way to improve your health or fix your problem you run across some other information that makes you think perhaps that’s not the best way at all. You’re stuck in paralysis by analysis because you just can’t figure out how all these pieces fit together.
- You sense that your body needs something but you don’t know what. Your intuition is telling you that you have to change your food. You’re tired of being tired and sick of being sick. You’re ready to do things right and make the commitment to change, without any more back-and-forth or re-negotiating for next week, next month, next year.
- You are about to sign a contractwith an ashram in India or a convent in Iceland just to get away from the world and escape your stress and suffering. Put the pen down and send me an email instead. There’s probably a better solution, and I’ll help you find it.
- You already bought hundreds or thousands of dollars in supplements that didn’t work. Now you realize they are not selling you health, and even if they are, the maze of trial and error is too expensive, and you receive too little for all your trouble. You want out of the magic pill for every ill game but don’t know how to go about it.
You have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain:
- Clarity about what direction to take and expert advice on how to do it.
- The specific steps you need to take to move forward on your health journey.
- Savings of thousands of dollars by simply not wasting time and money trying everything.
- The confidence to really enjoy your life and to make the most of it for yourself, your family, and your friends.
What does an Iridology Analysis typically cost? A couple hundred bucks. Compare that to the $2,000 – $10,000 or more spent/lost on being sick and/or not being able to live and work to your full potential. Having the right plan in place can make a huge difference. We know there’s a lot of information out there on the internet about health, nutrition and natural healing. There’s a lot right here on our blogs. But what we’re offering is a consultation that’s specific to you, your body, and your goals. Not only that, but we guarantee that you will receive far more than your money’s worth from our talk. Check our Success Stories page to read from Thousands worldwide. So it’s up to you. You’ve got the questions, and we’d love to help out. We look forward to hearing from you, and being part of your health journey.
Request The Help You Deserve (Via Skype, Phone or Email)
Your Iridology Analysis includes recommendations for change of diet and/or detox to get the body back into balance, naturally. An Iridology Analysis is highly recommended so we can make specific recommendations that are based on what’s happening in your body. All if this can be arranged very quickly in an efficient and organized manner. For more information on the Session/Coaching packages, please go to our Courses Page. Please note: By doing a cleanse, you take full responsibility for your own health and healing. We are not medical doctors and cannot give any medical advice. For any questions you may have regarding medications or specific conditions, please consult a medical doctor. The advice you receive in your consultation could be the most useful you’ve ever received about your health and have the greatest impact. If you want to focus on good eating and health vs. hospital visits and drugs, our goal here is to help you move towards better health.
Glenn is a Level II Certified International Detoxification and Cellular Regeneration Specialist and is well-qualified to assist you. He has been involved in cleansing, fasting and detox programs for several years for his own personal wellness and healing. He experienced a prolonged period of mental illness and his health was in a state of decline around the time of his dad’s death. He also had developed a severe itchy rash all over his legs and could not find the cause. He had medical tests done by doctors; tried multiple anti-depressants and steroid cremes and no one was able to find what was wrong or solve the problem. After thousands of dollars and hours in waiting rooms, he eventually decided to take control in his own hands and invested money in better food, started an elimination diet, and found the root cause of his rash and insanity to be from an intolerance or allergy to certain chemical food additives and non-food sources. That discovery is what led him to completely change his diet and life, led to the study Detoxification, Iridology, Botanical Herbs and Meditation and switched to a more Plant-based, Raw diet…to heal himself, and did just so! He began experimenting on himself and slowly started to notice his eyes change and become clearer. Losing unwanted weight, puffiness, terrible water-retention and cleared skin were just a fraction of the many benefits in changing his diet. For more than 2 years, he suffered, unnecessarily!
Shortly after sharing his vulnerable story students began coming to him wanting to do the deeper work so they could experience similar extraordinary results. Fascinated by the concept that the eyes could hold so much information about the body and he wanted to ‘test’ it as a science. He began studying technical books on the subject and started his own process of validation. It did not take long for him to clearly see the patterns in what he was seeing in the various eyes of his students, and decided to formally study iridology. Glenn looks at every situation as a whole, always trying to optimize given a known set of parameters, and with Iridology, looking at the body as a whole and realizing that the body works as a SYSTEM.
At GET ITBACK UNIVERSITY we’ve helped thousands of people around the world achieve better fitness, health, and well-being, increase vibrant energy, feel more connected to their bodies and rid themselves of dis-ease and chronic conditions. Our goal is to help eliminate the confusion and get you real answers so you can start loving that healthy face you see in the mirror every day. Have more passion about the things you do in life. Digest food better and enjoy the delicious flavors in so many simple natural foods. Keep in mind that you don’t have to commit to a 100% raw food diet in order to enjoy the benefits of raw foods. Most of our students for coaching and Iridology are finding a lot of success on anywhere from a 50-80% alkaline, high raw food/vegetarian, plant-based diet. The real transformation happens not from a quick fix diet, but when you make long-term changes and healthy habits for life. It’s important to start at your own pace and know that any small step in a step forward, however small, your body will be grateful to receive. With our guidance, support and absolute belief in you, you can become a success story too, you can do this! We will help you identify where you may be making mistakes and get you on a fast track to feeling good and looking great.
Get Started Today! Book Your Iridology Consultation.
- Have you made changes to your diet but still feel tired and don’t know why?
- Are you feeling confused over which supplements you really need, if any?
- Do you want to do a detox but are not sure what to do or how to begin?
- Have you tried things that don’t work and feel frustrated or overwhelmed?
- Are you suffering from multiple symptoms that seem to be getting worse?
- Do you feel ready to make change and want a personalized & optimized plan?
Don’t you wish you could sit down with someone and just ask all those questions you have about your diet and health, and actually get real answers that make sense and fit exactly what you are going through? Well, now you can. We know what works and what doesn’t. We share only the very best advice with with you. What matters most is that you want the best in life for yourself, and that you’re ready to make a change. We provide you with coaching and realistic steps that meet you at your pace. You have a sacred space to share, learn, grow, and succeed. Each session is highly personalized so you get the most benefit. With your personalized Iridology evaluation you will know exactly what’s happening in your body, right now. No guessing games or trial and error means you get the fastest results!
Here’s What You’ll Get:
- Detailed and unique iris analysis.
- Information on where you may be deficient nutritionally.
- Indication of areas of toxicity or inflammation and suggestions for specific detox protocols to correct the imbalance.
- Suggestions for botanical herbs (in the case of certain detox or in times of injury or illness) for short-term use.
- A detailed enough evaluation without feeling overwhelmed or confused.
- A personalized Action List with clear and realistic steps to take
How to Take Your Iris Photos & Submit
If you choose to do an Iridology Analysis, you will take photos of each eye with a digital camera or smart phone and you will email them to us as per the instructions we send you. It’s best to have someone else hold the camera so the pictures are clear and not blurry. You can send 2-3 photos of the right eye and 2-3 photos of the left eye. Once we approve your iris photos, we will schedule a time to meet to go over your completed personalized report (usually 5-7 business days after receiving your iris photos). Sometimes people have to submit a few rounds of photos before we get everything we need to do the analysis, but we ALWAYS manage to get what we need.
- To take the best photos for your reading, set your camera to MACRO and try, if possible, to use natural, daytime indoor light with a flash. Set the size of the photo for a higher resolution, with a minimum of 2.5M (2208 x 1248). 4.5M (2784 x 1568) is best. Stand sideways from any window (facing the window will cause glare). Have someone else hold the camera or use a tripod and timer. Hold the upper and lower eyelids open to make entire iris visible. Take one photo of each iris at a time. Keep the eye close to the camera. You can be 4-5 inches from the lens.
- Afterwards…Check Your Photos for Lighting and Clarity. Check the photo on the Viewfinder of your camera. Use the zoom feature to see the iris. Be sure the iris is clear; otherwise try again. Be sure there is no red eye; otherwise turn on ‘red eye reduction’ and try again. Be sure the entire iris is visible; otherwise try again. Be sure there is no significant glare on the iris; otherwise turn your body slightly away from any window and try again.
- Email us our final iris photo results to email@example.com. You may crop the photos so only the eye is visible to reduce the file size. If this is too much work, then simply email the entire photo. You can send 3-5 pictures of the Left Eye in one email.
These are acceptable iris photos that can be taken with the digital camera in your phone and then submitted by email (Just make sure you label Left and Right eyes clearly). Perfect photos – note flash inside pupil and full iris is visible.
EXAMPLES OF UNACCEPTABLE IRIS PHOTO SUBMISSIONS
Both of these example have significant glare, making portions of the iris unreadable
(The person was likely facing a window, causing the glare to appear in the iris. The solution: Turn slightly away from the window and try again).
In this example, it’s likely that this photo was taken at night or in a room with no windows and only overhead light. Due to the darker light in the room, the light is refracting off the iris, causing significant glare and making the photo blurry. The solution: Take the photo in indoor daylight with no overhead lighting. Side lighting is usually ok. A small amount of glare in the pupil (the black dot in the center of the iris) is ok. In these photos, the top and/or bottom of the iris is also covered.
Not looking directly at the camera lens creates a distorted image of the iris. In these 2 examples, the individuals are most likely trying to take the photos themselves so they are inadvertently looking at the camera while trying to take the photo. The solution: Have someone else hold the camera steady for you or use a tripod with a timer.